Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Our little Lizzie Girl


Here is a picture from around 2004 with Brett and Lizzie.

Monday we had to put our sweet Lizzie girl to sleep at the age of fifteen and a half. After having the wonderful wedding weekend we picked her up from the groomer where she had stayed. Kim let us know that Lizzie had not eaten which didn't surprise us because she had been really tapering off. She would not eat again on Monday and was getting very wobbly walking. My goodness she was just skin and bones. Making the decision to have her put to sleep was so hard but I just couldn't bear anymore thinking she was in pain. Without going into detail her physical changes made it apparent that her body was shutting down. I made the call to set up the appt. and then just held her on my chest for her last 3 hours here. What trusting eyes she had looking at me clear to my soul. I know we did the right thing and she is safely buried in our backyard. I think she waited until after the wedding and for that I am so grateful. I feel comforted knowing she was with our groomer who I know cared about her. Cried buckets all day Monday but doing some better now. It helps a lot to have Lady and Kayoobi around for sure!

No comments: