
Funny how after almost 8 years my foot started having problems with the hardware inside. Last Thursday my ankle once again popped out (broken blood vessel?) instantaneously. It was bizarre. The next day the doctor determined that it was time to get the stuff out. So, I had surgery on Monday, July 14th. I still have the 2 longer screws in the other side which he wanted to keep in for stability. (See previous blog for picture) He said the bone has holes where all the screws were and they will fill in eventually in about a year. I have been a good patient, keeping my foot elevated for the last 2 days. The incision was closed with glue so I get to shower as normal today. I'm still in a fair amount of pain, but the codeine med helps. It's actually been kind of nice to have a reason to be lazy and veg. And I have a handsome male nurse who is taking good care of me. :) (Thanks Jeff!)

No comments:
Post a Comment