
Gabe and Tim ran too!

Mom and Dad joined me in the cheering section!

Go Devils!

It was very emotional when this gentlemen who had been pushed the 4.2 miles, got out of his wheelchair and walked on crutches the length of the field to the 42 yard line. Lots of cheering for him. I had a big lump in my throat as I'm sure others did as well. What determination!

Missing in attendance was Bruce Snyder who passed away this past Monday. He was always there to count down the start of the race. Two years ago I approached him after he had just finished an interview before the start of the race. I said, "Coach Snyder, Could I ask you a favor?" To which he replied with a smile, "Well, you can ask..." I then proceeded to tell him that my parents were huge fans of his and ASU football, and I was hoping he would wish them a Happy 50th Anniversary on video that I could include in a DVD we were putting together. He happily agreed and making sure he had the names right, he enthusiastically delivered a message to my camcorder as I tried to keep my hands still in all my excitement. When he was finished I thanked him and without thinking, came in to give him a big hug. Without missing a beat, he hugged me right back and I can still feel that hug. It left such an impression on me because of the comfort and ease his demeanor put me in. He truly was such a wonderful man. Check out the clip of his addition on the 50th DVD that is extra special to all of us, especially my parents.

2 comments:
I saw this run on TV, and wished we were there. It looks like it was a great day!
I love the clip that Bruce did for your Mom, and Dad! What a special memory you will always have. Have a wonderful Monday! :)
That looks like so much fun!!! I love that vido clip that he did for your parents, that is something so special that you all will always have, thats so neat :)
Post a Comment