Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Give Blood!


I am so excited. I was actually able to donate blood today. The last few times I went to donate I was turned away because my iron was too low. It got frustrating and I just stopped answering the phone when I saw UBS come up on the caller ID. Anyway, they must have called from another number (very sneaky) and I picked up and scheduled to come in. I heard that nuts were good for the iron and they said to eat a good breakfast. Well. the time before I ate eggs and bacon, etc. That didn't work so here is my recipe of food that worked this time!
1 BANANA
2 HANDFULS CRAISINS
40 PISTACIOS
I seriously was so excited. The whole process was fast and at the end I got a Capri Sun (haven't had one of those in years) and freshly popped popcorn and a little bag of Famous Amos cookies. Gotta love it. And they told me to relax and take it easy today! That sounds like a plan!
P.S.- They really are low on blood donations so if you can help them out, google United Blood Services and find a place close to you!

2 comments:

rumzisfamily said...

That is so great that you did that! I have tried many times and have been turned away :( I will try again...it has been awhile! Hope you all are doing great!

Kyle Katie and Talen Slone said...

That is so wonderful that you did that! I tried in high school one time and really freaked out and could not do it lol... I am hoping one of these days I can do it, I would really like to! :) Hope you guys are doing great!